Sunday, April 10, 2011

why my blog is named Inspired by Hannah

Infertility is a heart-wrenching, faith-questioning, relationship-testing, life-altering experience. April is Infertility Awareness Month. Whether a friend, a family member, a colleague or yourself has fought through this difficult fate that MILLIONS of men & women are fighting day in and day out. Post this as your status if you or someone you know has walked to hell and back for the chance to be a PARENT ♥
For many years (4 years 5 months and 15 days to be exact) the only thing on my mind was having a baby.  It consumed every waking and sometimes sleeping hours of my day.  I would not say I totally lost myself but if you have ever had issues conceiving a child you will know the heartache and pain that goes with that journey.  One of my favorite passages of the bible is 1 Samuel 1:27
For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him
someone gave me a coffee mug with this saying on it when my daughter was born and it has been my favorite ever since.  I love reading about Hannah and her prayers to the lord for a child I think it is something everyone with infertility and a belief in god should look up in the bible and read it is very comforting.  Any who, the reason I named my blog Inspired by Hannah is because of this Hannah from the bible, who my daughter is named after.  I felt that after years of trying to conceive a child I wanted my daughter to have a name that meant something to me and  was a testament to my faith in finally getting my prayers answered.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment