Friday, August 26, 2011
The power of the sun and hydrogen peroxide.
I know I have not posted in a long time but I just have to tell everyone I know (and don't know) the power of the sun and hydrogen peroxide. So 3 days ago I was doing laundry and got the the very bottom of the hamper and found my daughters yellow jacket. It is a great windbreaker, yellow with small flowers on the pocket, super cute. I knew she had gotten something on it when we were at my parents house (I think it was butter from corn on the cob) but that was just on the sleeves. When I opened it up the front was covered in black mold, I was horrified. I decided to spray it down with Resolve, put some Era, and some Clorox 2 (which is now called Stain Fighter and Color Booster, not Color safe bleach, in case anyone was wondering). I was hopeful but not really to excited. The results where that the rest of the coat came out AWESOME, no buttery stain, however the mold was still there. I was so upset I love this coat. So to the internet I went, there were lots of people who said it would not come out. But I found one hopeful message that said to try hydrogen peroxide and leave it in the sun. So Day 2 I put it in the sun with hydrogen peroxide, this does something but not all of the mold is gone. My husband suggested I put a white wash cloth over the mold stain and poor the peroxide on it and leave overnight. So I do this, some change seems to have happened but it is hard to tell. The next day I take it out in the sun and poor the peroxide on it, about an hour later lots of change so I do this every 2 hours all day long. Tonight at 8 pm I go out and look and you can hardly see where the mold was on the jacket I am so happy. I think if I do one more day of the peroxide and sun it will be gone but it is totally wearable right now. Two areas are all but gone, one on the hood and one on the pocket. I will have to take an after pic, I am so mad I always kick my self for not taking a before pic. Anyway, my MIL swears by peroxide for stains and it is a wonder stain remover, but I had no idea and I am more than pleased.
Labels:
cleaning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment