Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sourdough Bread part 2

So the starter was ready today and I got going right away and made up 2 batches of bread with this recipe.  I made a lot of this bread last winter before I got too pregnant with my son and before it got too warm to cook in the house and be comfortable, it is an easy recipe to follow and makes very yummy bread.  I decided to try and make one batch into rolls for Easter dinner with my family.  I thought it would be fun to try something different.  The other batch is bread.

So I started writing this yesterday (as it is now 12:44am)  I am a little sad to say the rolls did not turn out as well as I had hoped, I am going to make another batch tomorrow to see if I can improve how they turn out.  I think the problem was that I did not make the balls big enough for the rolls.  So cross fingers they turn out better.  Here are some pictures from my bread baking day.
my starter after 48 hours

the dough being worked

before the rise

after the 1st rise

the rolls and bread before the rise

the rolls after the rise

bread after the last rise

after cooking, they did not rise like I expected


the bread looks great

No comments:

Post a Comment