Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Homeschooling
I really want to home school my children. I have been looking in to this and it is something that I think is important because the more I hear about our school system the more I think it is failing today's youth. Our other option is a Catholic school, but I am not so sure that these schools are not also failing children. They are not the same Catholic schools that everyone hears about and they have not been even when my husband when to one. They have conformed to today's ideas and pulled away from the moral ideas of the Catholic church, which may be one reason why they are closing at an alarming rate. I want my children to have values and learn the basic lessons that they need to know. It seems that the no child left behind act has ruined our school systems. While it may have been a wonderful idea on paper it is obvious that it is not working. Case in point, my 10 year old nephew (who is suppose to be autistic) was held back in Kindergarten, now he is still not learning at the rate of other children his age. However, the school system cannot hold him back another year unless his parents ok it. My sister refuses to do this because she feels it would be bad for him to be in the same grade as his brother. I don't get this, my sister would rather her son just be push though the system than actually let him learn at his correct rate?? Another case in point, my niece who has a horrible time at reading and math, she was held back this year and is repeating the 1st grade. Her teacher was unable to teach the class all year because there was a boy who had special needs in the class and he disrupted the entire class making it so the teacher was unable to teach. There are suppose to be aids in the class room for these children, guess what the school system gave the run a round the entire year so that no aid was ever given to this child. This is such bull poop. Things in our school system are so out of control and I don't think anyone knows how to fix it. I certainly cannot give anyone an answer but I just cannot figure out how I am going to justify sending my child to a school system that really has no clue. On top of this has anyone every seen the way children act these days? This too is out of control, I want my child to learn and have morals, but the children I see today are all so needy and ungrateful. This is something I cannot tolerate. People keep saying but your children will not be socialized, um to be honest I am not sure I want them to be socialized with the type of children at public schools. Call me crazy but I am not sure that today's youth is going anywhere fast except down the gutter.
Labels:
homeschool
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment