Friday, April 1, 2011

one step at a time...

Today I worked on my daughter's room.  I was hoping to get further along than I actually did, but there seemed to be a lot more shoved in her closet than I believed there to be.  I spent several hours digging though all of the clothing and folding and organizing all of stuff that fits her now and putting it back in the closet.  Then I boxed up all the stuff that does not fit.  Somehow there is still more clothing than one little girl needs and I have not even bought her anything.  This is the blessing and bad part of having been one of the last people in the family to have children.  Everyone gives us hand me downs which is wonderful but I have to store it somewhere until she can wear it which causes clutter at my house.  At this point the closet is done, except for the laundry in the bins.  Tomorrow my husband has the day off so it may not be until Sunday until her room is done.  I am so happy with my progress, I have been super vigilant with keeping up Alex's room.  I really do not want things to get this bad again.  So hopefully Sunday I will be posting pics of the finished product.

I still need to work on my mission statement and my cleaning schedule.  I really need to sit down and do that.  My husband and I had a serious talk last night about the state of our house and the mess that it is.  He understands I am busy with the baby a lot and with him working 2nd shift it has been so hard to get anything done.  I explained how the whole thing has me so pissed at myself.  How I never wanted my house to be like the house I grew up in and that I never want my children to be embarrassed to have friends over or how I do not want to be freaked out about someone just stopping by.  I just never really learned how to be a great homemaker so now is the time for me to get my self educated and together.  We are looking to purchase a new house and I want to get my act together before we find one and move so that the new house is never in this state.  Dear God please help me learn to be a better wife and mother, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment